A gold (Au) deposition film on a mica substrate is the optimum substrate for scanning probe microscopy of monomolecular films
Typical STM Image (1×1μm)
The Herringbone Structure (250×250 nm)
- Mica substrate size: 25 × 25 mm (Standard)
- Gold (Au) film thickness: 300nm
- There are grip sections for tweezers at the margin.
Please be informed that this product does not mean to be available to use the whole 25x25mm.
- Please bear in mind that because this product uses natural mica substrates, its surface has a certain amount of wrinkles and bumps as characteristics of mica.
- Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Heat-treatment, around 700°C, is necessary to the sample before using, with a hydrogen or butane flame in air to obtain a gold surface with a Au (111) orientation.
- With the herringbone structure characteristic of Au (111), the heat-treated surface will automically have smooth terraces, with average sizes on the order of 150 × 150 nm.